2015 Archived Content
FINAL AGENDA NOW AVAILABLE!
Cambridge Healthtech Institute is pleased to bring you the Tenth Annual ImVacS: Immunotherapy and Vaccine Summit. From its beginnings as a lone adjuvants conference, ImVacS has grown to a multi-track event spanning vaccines, immunotherapies, and platform technologies. This year's event has been expanded to five days with coverage on adjuvants, vaccine and immunotherapy technologies, immunomodulatory therapeutic antibodies for cancer, combination cancer immunotherapy, and T cell target discovery. ImVacS 2015 promises to be a must-attend event for commercial and academic entities to continue advancing immunotherapies and vaccines through technology and innovation.
PLENARY KEYNOTE: Dangerous Thoughts on Immunotherapy by Polly C. Matzinger, Ph.D. Senior Investigator, Ghost Lab, Laboratory of Immunogenetics, NAID/NIH
What we think influences what we do. If we continue to view the immune system through the old fashioned self-non-self model, the likelihood of finding truly effective immunotherapies is vanishingly small, whether those therapies are for autoimmunity, cancer or transplantation. I will delineate the different predictions from the various models of immunity and show how they influence how we approach immunotherapy.
WHAT'S NEW THIS YEAR?
- A new plenary keynote session will bring together 300 conference attendees in one session.
- Expanded coverage on T cell target discovery with an emphasis on CAR T cells.
- An additional conference track, Gene Editing for Immunotherapy, has been added.
- The latest developments in vaccine adjuvants will be presented.
- A new conference, Rational Combination Cancer Immunotherapy, will explore the strategies driving specific types of immunotherapy combinations and look at next generation tools.